Dog & Cat Giardia Antigen Rapid Test
All kits contain a prepaid return postage.
The Giardia Antigen Kit is highly accurate and perfect for quick identification for those who suspect Giardia. The kit is simple to use and comes with full instructions. Should you suspect that your dog or cat has giardia (especially if they are very young or old) then we recommend purchasing this kit and testing as soon as possible. There is a video of “how to use” on our Facebook page.
Common Signs that Giardia is present:
- Giardia infection in dogs may lead to weight loss
- Chronic intermittent diarrhoea
- Fatty stool
- The stool may range from soft to watery
- Infected dogs tend to have excess mucus in the faeces
- Vomiting may occur in some cases
It is important to note that not every dog & cat will show all the clinical signs of Giardia.
A kit will be sent for you to collect your sample, which will then be returned to the lab for testing. Your kit will include a prepaid returns envelope, information leaflet and a quick prep collection tube. Results will be emailed the same day as your sample is received by the lab and for a positive result a text will also be sent so that you do not miss your results.
A Fecal egg count is a snap shot of a specific moment in time. The test detects eggs of mature parasites that live inside the body and pass their eggs to the outside by shedding them into the dogs stool’s. It is possible that at the time of testing the parasites are too young to produce eggs, if no eggs are being shed the infection cannot be detected. There is also a possibility the eggs are In such small numbers at the time of testing they would be undetectable Thus showing a negative result.
The above is extremely rare but we would like to point out the possibilities.
Instructions for taking samples:
- Place the sample in the relevant poo bags
- Put the poo bag/s into the smaller compostable zip bag
- Place this into the larger compostable zip bag
- Complete your information leaflet
- Place both the leaflet and the larger compostable bag (which now contains your sample/s) into the postage bag.
- Pop in a standard letter box – Label is prepaid so no need for stamps.
All kits contain a 1st Class, Prepaid returns envelope (excluding the Giardia Rapid Antigen Home test kit).
Kits can be posted in a standard letterbox, saving you the trip to a post office.